Sunday, July 15, 2012

Out of the City

So, after one month of living in NYC, I left for family vacation in South Carolina.


It's nice as hell here. But, there is a lot of sun. Like, more than any man with the last name Reilly should ever have to sit in.

You had one job, sunscreen. ONE JOB!

But, one thing that I really felt since leaving the city (other than excruciating skin pain) is a genuine longing to be back in New York. Everything outside of the city seems to move really slow, and the lack of public transit is really discouraging. I admit, it's sad that only a month in the Big Apple has already caused me to have the mentality that anything outside New York is unimportant. But, that doesn't stop me from missing all that New York holds in it!

Speaking of New York, here is probably the quickest break down of things that I did During these past two weeks in New York.

Sets!!!!

Good amount of sets that I worked on, and a few of the sets I worked on previously finally finished the videos.

Here's one I helped art direct:



And here's one I was a production assist for:


Really happy how each of these turned out. Tune in next time for when more random videos that I worked on fill my blog!

People Visit!!!

So a bunch of people came and visited this weekend. On Saturday, Jason, Jordan, Morgan, and Dave were all in the city. Despite the 100 degree weather, we made it through most of downtown and parts of midtown. But, the real highlight was the fact that I finally met Dave. Jordan was super happy that the two people he wanted to meet from his groups of friends finally got together, and it was interesting to say the least.


Definitely some interesting discussions between the two of us. Hopefully, he and Jordan will come back soon.

And Morgan stayed for the entire weekend, which lead to a bunch of debauchery within the city.

Too much cute in one picture


Sunday had us wandering around midtown, where we found a giant street market that took up a bunch of blocks on Madison Ave.

Unfortunately, Don Draper was not present

Also, got to see my first Broadway show this summer, Rock of Ages!


For anyone who isn't really a Broadway person, this show is absolutely perfect. All the songs are 80s hair metal hits, and the entire musical is very self-aware of the tropes that come with a big-production Broadway show. And, if you love Broadway, it is pretty great too.

Finally, Sunday we explored Central Park, and, I must admit, it is the best park in the country.


From the southern tourist attractions like the ice rink to the northern hills that hide vast lakes and meadows, Central Park is a perfectly laid out piece of architecture. We pretty much hit most of it, starting at the bottom and making our way to 86th Street, but I still feel I would need a good week to soak in all of it.

Also, there was a random carnival in the middle of the park.


So that has been most of what has happened. I'll try to update about beach stuff this week!

Final note, I spotted this guy selling Obama Condoms in Soho. They are exactly what you think they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment