Friday, June 15, 2012

The Journey Begins

Before you start to see images of Frodo, Sam, and the Shire, this blog is not about that.


Tumblr has enough about these two that I need not to touch on it here. Instead, this blog will take you on a different journey, one through the different parts of New York City that I'll experience in the next three months.

To give you a little perspective of who writes this blog, I'm a twenty-year-old Radio/Television/Film and Economics double major at Northwestern University. I'll be in New York the next couple of months interning at CollegeHumor as a Production Intern. For a while, I've wanted to try living in NYC to figure out if this city is the place I want to be after graduation, and now I finally have that opportunity.

So, for the most part, this blog will consist of a few things. Mostly it will be stories of what random shenanigans occur during my time here in New York. Embarrassing photos will be included. Other than that, I'll probably talk about anything cool happening at CollegeHumor or just what is important to me at the time I write the blog posts. Speaking of which, I hope to keep this updated about twice a week, depending on what I'm doing/where I am/whether I actually remember to write things.

So, my journey begins in Ridgefield, New Jersey, which is pretty much a bunch of corporate offices with a hotel and a huge Loews Theater. Nothing special. But it does lie about forty-five minutes outside of NYC, and I'll be heading in tomorrow to meet my roommate, unpack, and discover the wonders of NYC public transit. But until then, I'll be super antsy and continue to watch Science Channel shows about the possibility of life on other planets.


Also, my dad continues to call my Android phone an "Intelliphone" instead of a smartphone. Says it'll be the next big trend. #intelliphone

No comments:

Post a Comment